"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."
We have all heard that history repeats itself and life goes in cycles. That certainly seems to be the case with Barrack Obama, the Jewish nation of Israel and historical references found in the book of Esther.
The modern nation of Iran is the ancient nation of Persia. Again, please remember that Persia is the setting for the entire book of Esther. The current Iranian regime has earned the reputation today of being the No. 1 state sponsor of terrorism in the whole world. Above everyone else they hate the Jews. Some things never change do they? Iran has built a coalition of hatred, military power and religious fervor aimed directly at Israel and the Jews. Remember, America to the Iranians is the 'Great Satan' and Israel is the 'Little Satan'. The problem for Israel is that they are so close to the the action in their part of the world, every day could be their last. The Iranians predict almost daily the annihilation of the Jewish state. It's the same rhetoric we witnessed in the book of Esther!
Recently, Israel's closest ally, the American nation has turned its back on Israel. In what looked to be an absolute surrender to the Iranian Mullahs', America begged Iran to let them give Iran billions of dollars in exchange for the United States to say they have a deal with Iran. How absurd is that? The new world order is declaring a great victory for mankind too. What are people smoking? Iran is telling everyone they gave up nothing. At the same time, America is shrugging her shoulders at the Jewish state wondering why Israel is so angry. Could it be because Iran has now been promised billions of dollars in which to prepare for war against Israel? This is all as illogical and surreal as anything I have ever seen. A quick look at the Iran Nuke deal reveals three very critical factors at its heart:
1. Iran’s ambition to “wipe Israel off the map” (their own admission).
2. An American president who has made an agreement with an anti-Semitic Iranian empire determined to annihilate Jews.
3. A Jewish prime minister by the name of Benjamin. If you have ever read the book of Esther you will find the whole situation of today a direct parallel to the book of Esther. Esther's uncle was Mordecai, the Benjaminite Jew. Mordecai was a giant of a man.
Yes, what we are seeing happen today greatly resembles the story of Queen Esther and her Uncle Mordecai. In fact, it is eerie. With this thought ringing in my mind, it doesn't seem to take a genius to see the many comparisons of Esther's story and what is happening now with Iran, America and the State of Israel. Haman, the evil hater of the Jews and Barrack Obama seem to have very much in common. I think President Obama has emerged as the new Haman in our day.
To catch up with the story keep in mind, just as it was in Esther's day, the situation looked really bad for the Jewish nation. Haman had plotted against the Jews, finally demanding their destruction. I think it obvious that Barrack Obama is playing the same role of Haman to a great degree. I also think the Lord our God is well aware of man's blasphemous, murderous plans.
To Recap: The book of Esther is the story of a jealous anti-Semitic politician, Haman, who convinces a nation that the Jewish people are worthy of being destroyed. Haman used the strategy of delegitimization and demonization to prove that Jews were unworthy of life itself. He painted a picture of Jews being an existential threat to the future of Persia. Interestingly, Haman was not a Persian but an Amalekite. However, being very rich, influential and having enormous political sway, he made an alliance with the king of Persia with designs to exterminate the Jewish people.
Remember, the Amalekites, Haman's forebears, were the ancient enemies of Israel. The Amalekites were the ones who attacked Israel in the wilderness during their exodus from Egypt. Joshua led the Israelite army while Aaron and Hur held up the hands of Moses. After the Hebrews defeated Amalek, God proclaimed to Moses:
"For he said, Because the Lord hath sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation."
In so many passages of scripture you find the Amalekites, or those related to them plotting against the Jews. The brooding, hateful and lusting power of Amalek (the spirit of anti-Semitism) has always had its Hamans. A person doesn’t have to search very far in Jewish history to find those inspired by Amalek. They were around in Biblical days and they are around today. Jewish history has had numerous people dedicated to the destruction of God's Chosen People and still do.
So, are there similarities between Haman and Obama? Well, yes there is. I see a definite and sickening connection between Persia of old and the current Haman representing the USA right now. The question is begging to be asked, is history repeating itself? It always has before. I believe President Obama and Haman are of the same Amalekite stripe. Consider these facts:
- TWO NAMES, SAME COUNTRY: Iran is modern-day Persia.
- TWO DEALS MADE ON THE EXACT SAME DATE: Evil Haman and the king of Persia (Iran) made a deal on the 13th day of the first month of Nissan. Esther 3:12, “Then the kings scribes were called on the 13th day of the first month (Nissan) and a decree was written according to all that Haman commanded.” The deal gave the Persian people the freedom to annihilate the Jewish people in the Middle East. President Obama and the current king of Persia (Iran) made a deal on April 2, 2015, which on the Jewish calendar is the 13th day of the first month of Nissan. This deal allows Iran (Persia) to build a nuclear bomb that has the capacity to annihilate the Jews living in Israel. The date this deal was made was the exact date Haman made a deal with the king of Persia.
- TWO MEN WHO MADE CONVENIENT YET DESTRUCTIVE POLITICAL ALLIANCES: Haman was not Persian yet had an affinity for the religion of Persia and made an alliance with the Persian Empire. President Obama is not Iranian(Persian), but has a very strong affinity and deep love for the Islamic political ideology and religion.
- TWO BENJAMINS: Mordecai was a Benjamite. The Prime Minister of Israel is named Benjamian, Benjamin Netanyahu.
- TWO HAMANS OFFENDED: Haman was offended when Mordecai the Benjamite refused to bow to his stature and demands. President Obama is offended by Benjamin Netanyahu because he refuses to bow to his ongoing political demands.
- TWO ISSUES OF PROTOCOL: Because of protocol, Esther was forbidden to speak in the king’s court unless she was called by the king himself. Benjamin Netanyahu was discouraged by President Obama from addressing Congress last March.
- TWO GALLOWS BUILT: Through his alliance with the king of ancient Persia, Haman built a gallows in Shushan, the capital city of Persia to hang the Benjamite Jew, Mordecai. The gallows were 50 cubits in height, a little over 80 feet tall. On January 23, 2015, the Jerusalem Post reported satellite images of a structure looking much like a gallows. They had never seen anything like it before in its locale. The structure is in Tehran. The structure is a launching pad for an ICBM missile capable of reaching Israel. It is reported height was 50 cubits, a little more than 80 feet tall.
- TWO PURIMS: When God delivered Esther, Mordecai the Benjamite, and the Jewish people from Haman’s anger, and Persian wrath, she called for a celebration that became one of the feasts of the Jewish people known as Purim. In Hebrew, Purim is Hebrew for “lots” because Haman cast lots to determine the day of the Jews’ destruction. However, God turned the 'lots' in the Jews’ favor. Purim of 2015 was March 4-5th. Benjamin Netanyahu appealed to the American nation to save and protect the Jewish people in a speech he gave to Congress on March 3rd. This was the 12th of Adar on the Jewish calendar, Purim Eve.
- TWO BOOKS: Mordecai wrote the decree of Esther that counteracted evil Haman’s decree and saved the Jews from annihilation. The story surrounding the decree would later become the biblical book of Esther. On March 7, 2012, Purim Eve, in a visit to America to discuss the Persian nuclear threat, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave a book to President Barrack Obama. The book was the book of Esther.
- TWO SIGNATURES: When King Ahasuerus agreed to Haman’s plot to erase the more than 3 million Jews from the Persian empire, he gave him his signature ring to sign the decree. In our day the press has given their signature and title to President Obama’s quest for a radical Islamic nuclear Iran. It is President Obama’s signature foreign policy achievement.
- TWO GATES: When Mordecai learned of Haman’s plot, he fasted, mourned and cried loudly. He put on sackcloth and ashes and went to the entrance of the king’s gate. He wasn't allowed to enter because he was in mourning and making too much noise. A former U.S. Secretary of Defense writes in his memoir that he was so irritated by Prime Minister Netanyahu’s constant concern over America’s softness toward Iran he told the national security adviser to keep Benjamin Netanyahu locked outside of the White House gate because he was making too much noise. Ironically, the Secretary of Defense was Robert Gates.
- TWO FAILED ASSIMULATIONS: Haman’s hatred toward the Jews was rooted in the fact that they would not blend into the multiculturalism of Persian society. The Jews would not assimulate. A present-day spirit of multiculturalism seethes at the very thought of a Jewish state.
- TWO SILVER ENRICHMENTS: Haman made a deal with the king of Persia that included enriching Persian vaults with 10,000 silver talents. President Obama has made a deal with the Supreme Leader of Iran that includes enriching uranium (a silver metal) within 10 years.
- TWO MEN WITH THE SAME DAILY FRUSTRATIONS: Haman was enraged toward Mordecai because every day he passed through the city gate Mordecai refused to bow down to pay him homage. In a conversation about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that was picked up by a “hot” microphone between President Obama and the president of France (at that time, Nicolas Sarkozy) in November 2011, Sarkozy stated: “I cannot stand him.” President Obama replied, “You’re fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day.”
- TWO GEORGES: Is history repeating itself? Seems like it is. It appears we are witnessing another Persian conspiracy against the Jewish nation. Are we witnessing another Haman-like drama unfold before our eyes? As you think about these connections, consider two statements by two Georges: George Santayana said, “Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” ; and, George Bernard Shaw said, “We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."
"Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors. Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"