A Man Pleaser, Or A God Pleaser? Choose.
Beit  Mashiach - Messianic Synagogue
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Heavenly Mindedness Is Needed On Earth
We Are Steadfast And Unmovable!
The Sin Of Silence
Tabernacles: The 'Waters of Salvation'
Who Is This Uncircumsized Philistine?

Categories

Biblical Prophecy
Dr. Dirks Musings
Eternal Life
General
Messianic Insights
Messianic Syangogue
Prophecy
Spanish Translation
spirit filled
Spiritual Warfare
Rabbi-Blog

A Man Pleaser, Or A God Pleaser? Choose.

Luke 6:26, "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."

These words of Yeshua penetrate deep into the world of religious hypocrisy.  First off, the Greek word for hypocrisy is "hupokrités" or 'actor'.   So many people try and live their lives to please those around them that it is easy to forget there is One who is all knowing, always there, Who knows you well beyond what you can imagine.   However; even knowing this, the reality of His presence never seems to hinder those who should know better into entering a life of 'man pleasing'.  Those Pharisees, and Sadducees, the rulers in religious politics, the back slappers and politicians who desired earthly stature among men more than the true, and humble desire to commune with God in prayer are still with us today.

Politicians look to compromise.  True men and women of God will never compromise God's Word or His standards.  The false prophets spoken of in the days of Yeshua found the religious elders accepting of them.  They would never think to speak harshly to even someone they knew to be a false prophet because it might stir up problems among the 'brethren'.  We don't look for issues with the religious authorities or big personalities, or any 'elders' in our land;  but when they take a leap away from God's Holy Word into the world of darkness, compromise, degradation and sin we need to do something.  We have to take a stance on whether to accept their Sodom and Gamorah's standards or follow them into the abyss.  We have to choose:

Galatians 1:10, "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Messiah."

6 Comments to A Man Pleaser, Or A God Pleaser? Choose.:

Comments RSS
beijing travel tips on Friday, May 17, 2013 6:16 PM
We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.
Reply to comment

tibet travels maps on Sunday, May 19, 2013 4:03 AM
I have to express my thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from this particular incident. After scouting throughout the the web and finding principles which are not powerful, I assumed my life was over. Living without the answers to the difficulties you've fixed by way of your good article is a critical case, as well as the kind that might have adversely affected my career if I had not come across the blog. Your primary ability and kindness in maneuvering every part was valuable. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn't come across such a step like this. I can also at this time look forward to my future. Thanks a lot very much for this professional and amazing guide. I will not hesitate to propose the website to anybody who needs to have guide about this situation.
Reply to comment

2011 nike air max on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:06 AM
air max 2013 Shoes , and the goldsmith Trent Samual and his wife, Manolo Blahnik founded in over the years in London , Chinese . nike air max air max 87 is very transcendental , launched in last year , helping sporters to achieve a good crowd the avant-garde effect, let them through the "design" their own Shoes , expressing his own .The nike air m
Reply to comment

Relogios Replicas on Monday, July 29, 2013 10:58 PM
Do you find this challenging to your senses? You should. We all are challenged every day by this truth of our need to trust in Him, Who we cannot see with our naked eyes. When we learn to walk in this realm we will finally understand and rest in the fact that there is this unseen hand guiding our life
Reply to comment

watch outlet on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:47 AM
For 2013 Victorinox Swiss Army releases two new versions of the Original which includes a limited edition chronograph each on a neat looking bund-style strap.
Reply to comment

fashion designing institute in jaipur on Monday, November 18, 2013 12:53 AM
I like it so very……..much.
Reply to comment